The Ballistic Precision Chronograph provides accurate velocity measurements across a wide range of shooting conditions. Higher accuracy was achieved by using a high speed 48 MHz processor and by designing a circuit with an advanced data interface that allows each unit to be computer calibrated at the factory after assembly. The end result is the ability to provide much better accuracy than other chronographs on the market (+/- .25%). Although technologically advanced, the unit is designed to be simple to operate, displaying velocity in Feet per second or Meters per second on the large built in LCD screen.
The Chrono can also deliver the shot string velocity data through the 15′ foot audio jack cable (included) to smartphone/ mobile device. A free App is available for download that displays the velocity of each shot on the phone screen and records it with other data identifying the load and environmental conditions. The App also automatically calculates Average Velocity, Standard Deviation, Min, Max and Velocity Spread for the shot string. The data is stored and can be exported via Email or simply recalled for reference at a later date. The sunshades are extra wide for better reliability on sunny days and are constructed of a durable synthetic material. Measures from 5 to 9,999 FPS. There is a ¼-20 threaded insert on bottom of housing for tripod mounting, operates on a 9 Volt battery (not included).
- Each unit factory calibrated to within +/- 0.25% accuracy
- Ideal for Firearms, Archery, Airgun and Paintball
- Simple operation, large LCD screen Meters Per Second (MPS) or Feet Per Second (FPS) readings
- Extra wide sun screens for added shading in full sun operation
- Option to interface with Smartphone via included 15’ audio jack cable
- App displays velocity, logs data, notes, weather conditions, easily exports via SMS or Email
- Carry bag included
In order to improve chronograph connectivity with a greater assortment of handheld devices; primarily the Samsung Galaxy S series, we have released a new version of firmware. This firmware needs to be installed on the chronograph. The file location for the firmware and instructions on how to install it are as follows:
Question: My Chronograph is displaying ERR2 and/or ERR3 errors after the chronograph has been turned on and in the standby mode, how can i fix this?
Answer: Caldwell Shooting Supplies has identified an issue with electronic components on a small group of Ballistic Precision Chronographs that were shipped to our dealers and distributors in late 2014 and January of 2015. The defective chronograph inventory has been identified, isolated and repaired. If your Chronograph is displaying an Error2 and/or an Error 3 code in normal outdoor light conditions your Chronograph could be affected. Please contact Caldwell’s Customer Service Department directly for repair or replacement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-509-9160. Caldwell remains dedicated to supplying high quality accessories; we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Phone/ Tablet Compatibility
Should work with all IPhones and IPods and IPad
Should work with all phones and tablets except the ones listed below:
- LG phones and Tablets
- HTC phones
- Older Motorola phones (3 years or older)
- Older Nexus Tablet
- Phones and or devices that do not have a microphone input incorporated in the headphone jack
For Compatibility Issues please follow the steps below.
- Make sure the most recent app version is installed on the device. Go to Google Play to see which one that is. (as of today it is 1.15)
- Make sure the device is running the latest operating software. They can go to settings and check this: Settings/about phone/system updates
- Select compatibility mode under the app settings.
- Try swapping the cable end for end.
- Simulate shots by using a flash light. Run it over the chrono front to back. And LED one works best.
- Test with a different device (their own or someone else’s) to see if it is the chronograph or the device that is not working.