Battenfeld Technologies, Inc. ®
Wheeler Engineering® Memorial Day Giveaway
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICAL RULES.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SWEEPSTAKES OF CHANCE. SKILL PLAYS NO PART IN THE DETERMINATION OF WINNERS.
- Description of Sweepstakes. In the Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.® “Wheeler Engineering® Memorial Day Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”), Battenfeld Technologies, Inc., 2501 Lemone Industrial Blvd., Columbia, MO 65201 USA (“Sponsor”) will award one (1) prize package immediately following the close of the Sweepstakes Term (defined below). Each winning contestant shall receive a prize that consists of: one (1) Digital FAT Wrench (710909 – $74.99). The approximate total retail value of the prize awarded to each winning contestant is $74.99.
- Sweepstakes Term. The Sweepstakes begins Saturday, May 26th, 2018 at 8:00:00 a.m. US Central Time (“CT”) and ends Monday, May 28th, 2017, 11:59:00 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Term”). All entries must be submitted via Facebook® or Instagram®, in accordance with these Official Rules to be eligible to win. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Term. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be accepted.
- How to Enter.
A. Primary Method:
i. Via Facebook: (1) Visit the Wheeler Engineering® Facebook Page; https://www.facebook.com/WheelerEngineering/
(2) Like the Wheeler Engineering® Memorial Day Giveaway Post;
(3) Subscribe to the Wheeler Engineering email by filling out the form at – https://goo.gl/4MWRZMB. Alternate Method:
Via Email: To enter the Sweepstakes via email, send an email to [email protected] with “Wheeler Engineering Memorial Day Giveaway” in the subject line. An email entry must include entrant’s first and last name, address, email address and date of birth.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of valid entries received. Many will enter, one will win. Only one (1) prize will be awarded to any one winner.
- Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are Eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry and who can provide proof of U.S. residency. Residents of the U.S. territories and possessions. U.S. military installations or diplomatic stations in foreign countries, and all locations not physically located within the continental United States and including Hawaii are excluded from this Sweepstakes. Additional eligibility requirements are set forth in these Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and members of their families and immediate households, as well as any persons who were awarded a prize or received any promotional consideration from the Sponsor within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Sweepstakes Term, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
- Winner. The prize winner will be selected by random drawing once immediately following the close of the Sweepstakes Term. The prize winner will be notified by Facebook message, Instagram message, or by email (depending on method of entry). The prize winner must respond to Sponsor via private message (Facebook or Instagram message), or by an email response, to the notification from Sponsor, with the prize winner’s name, address, phone number, and email address within ten (10) days of the direct reply comment notification or email from Sponsor to claim the prize. To be eligible to claim and receive the prize package, the prize winner(s) must follow the instructions contained in his or her notification and will be required to demonstrate eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules. Potential winners shall be required to complete, sign and return within ten (10) days following such notification (or an attempted notification), an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Publicity Agreement and Release, and other necessary documentation as may be required in these Official Rules or under applicable laws. Prize winner shall not, in the opinion of Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, have engaged in conduct or speech that would tend to shock, insult, or offend the community or that would tend to diminish the reputation of Sponsor’s brands, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorable on Sponsor or the Sweepstakes. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to contact the prize winner, or the prize winner fails to timely respond or is ineligible, the winner’s prize will be awarded in a random drawing to another eligible entrant. Sponsor, and its agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, may use the prize winner’s name, likeness and any other information or content without compensation in advertising or otherwise.
- Prize Restrictions. The prize consists of the items specifically listed in these Rules only. Sponsor shall choose all components of each prize in its sole discretion. The prize (including all components) is subject to availability and may be subject to additional federal, state or local restrictions. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize (or portion of any prize) will be granted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability of a prize (or portion of a prize) for any reason. Any substitution by Sponsor of the prize or portion of the prize shall be made with an item of comparable or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or other attributes. The prize (or any portion of the prize) is not transferable or assignable to any other party.
- Sweepstakes Materials. By entering into this Sweepstakes, you grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to distribute, reproduce, modify, perform and display and otherwise use any and all content, information, posting, communication, message or other materials (including your name, image or likeness) provided by you (“Sweepstakes Materials”) for Sponsor’s use in the normal conduct of its business, including marketing, promotional and sales activities. Subject to these Official Rules, you understand that all Sweepstakes Materials will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary information.
- Taxes / Fees. All taxes or incidental expenses are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Rights to the prize (or any portion thereof) are not transferable. Except as provided herein, the prize may not be substituted or redeemed for cash or other consideration. The prize winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 to Sponsor before prize can be delivered.
- Announcement of the Winner. The prize winner will be publicly announced via Sponsor’s Facebook page, and on Sponsor’s website: www.btibrands.com, and otherwise, following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Term. For the name of the prize winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor at the following address:
Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Wheeler Engineering Memorial Day Giveaway
2501 Lemone Industrial Blvd.
Columbia, MO 65201 USA
Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests for the name of the prize winner must be received within sixty (60) days of the last day of the Sweepstakes Term.
- No Sponsorship by Facebook. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.
- Void Where Prohibited. The Sweepstakes is void where restricted by law, subject to tax, or otherwise prohibited. The Sweepstakes is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- Changes to Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time without further obligation or liability.
- Disclaimer of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials, or for any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor has no liability or responsibility for contestant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to contestant’s or any other person’s computer equipment, smart phone or mobile device resulting from participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any incomplete, misdirected, late, or lost entries, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, garbled or corrupted data transmitted, inaccessibility of any entry website, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or entry data, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or telephone network communication problems, errors or limitations of any Internet or telephone service providers, servers, hosts or other providers, failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received, or traffic congestion on the Internet or any entry website. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, Sponsor will pick the prize winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
Sweepstakesants agree that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, Facebook, Inc., , and their respective officers, managers, members, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by contestants against, any and all liability, including but not limited to any death, injury, loss or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation or attempted participation in this Sweepstakes, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity.
- Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, will be the sole judge of all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- General. By entering this Sweepstakes, each contestant warrants that, (a) the contestant has read, understood and followed these Official Rules; (b) the contestant agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor; and (c) the contestant is eligible under these Official Rules. Each potential prize winner is subject to verification and investigation before being awarded any prizes. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by Missouri law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, contestants agree that, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri (Central Division) or the appropriate Missouri State Court located in Boone County, Missouri, and contestants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts for any and all causes of action relating to this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and (3) under no circumstances will contestants be permitted to obtain, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
In case of a dispute over the identity of a contestant who submitted the winning entry, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with that entry will be deemed the contestant. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned the Facebook account by Facebook, Inc. Such owner must: comply with these Official Rules; be the person who completed the act of entering; and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the Facebook account.
© 2017 Battenfeld Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Wheeler Engineering® is a trademark of Battenfeld Technologies, Inc. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Any other trademarks in this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are the properties of their respective owners.